- Juris Doctor, with honors, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelor of Science and Engineering, magna cum laude, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Extensive experience working with inventors to capture invention details and drafting patent applications
- Assisted start-up alternative energy company in development of international patent portfolio
- Involved with committee leadership of Women’s Bar Association
Ashley Nicholls has a wide range of patent experience, including the representation of both domestic and foreign clients in the areas of patent preparation and prosecution; patentability, validity, and infringement opinions; and patent litigation and appeals to the federal circuit. Ashley’s experience covers a broad mix of technical fields, with an emphasis on mechanical and biomedical technologies. She has served clients in highly competitive industries, including biomedical devices, automotive, electrochemiluminescence (ECL) technologies, business management and application software, and pharmaceuticals.
Prior to joining Jones Robb, Ashley was an attorney at Finnegan, a law firm in Washington, D.C. While there, a significant part of her practice included working with medical device companies to both procure and protect their patent rights.