This summer, Jones Robb hosted a group of talented and dedicated high school and college students for its 2023 Summer Internship Program.
Mahima Athipatla, Samuel Danso, Joanna Hemans-Mensah, Chris McCormick, Donovan Perry, and Andrew Shi participated in a variety of hands-on learning activities to complement their academic journey, including:
- Attending a series of presentations on the basics of patents, patent prosecution, and the operations of a patent boutique law firm.
- Exploring the intersection of artificial intelligence and inventorship.
- A field trip to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office headquarters and the National Inventors Hall of Fame Museum.
- Attending and interacting with a panel of professionals with expertise in various IP roles including in-house experience, litigation experience, experience as an inventor and entrepreneur, and BigLaw experience.
This summer provided invaluable experiences for both our interns and our firm, and we were thrilled to engage with this group of bright and enthusiastic students.
- Mahima Athipatla, a Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology rising junior, is interested in pursuing environmental studies (specifically microplastics in waterways).
- Samuel Danso, a Hayfield Secondary School rising senior, is interested in pursuing coding and computer engineering.
- Joanna Hemans-Mensah, is a rising Sophomore at Howard University and is currently in the accelerated Pathway to Ph.D. program studying computer engineering.
- Chris McCormick, a University of Maryland Baltimore County student, is completing his senior year studying mechanical engineering and biological science.
- Donovan Perry, a North Carolina A&T student, is completing his senior year studying computer engineering and plans to pursue a Master of Science in Computer Science.
- Andrew Shi, a recent graduate of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, will be attending William and Mary this fall and plans pursue a degree in Neuroscience.
Thank you, interns, for your hard work and a fantastic summer! Your achievements thus far are indicative of very bright future, and we’re excited to see what lies ahead for each of you.