Do you value relationships?
At Jones Robb PLLC, we look for professionals who value relationships, thrive in a challenging environment, and are committed to excellence. Our diverse team of experts creates an inspiring working atmosphere that encourages growth and development. If this sounds like the type of workplace you would thrive in, we invite you to learn more about working for us.
Patent Attorney/Agent - Law Firm - Tysons Corner, VA / Remote Position with Flexible Hours
Jones Robb, PLLC is seeking registered patent attorneys or patent agents for full- or part-time opportunities. Responsibilities include preparing and prosecuting domestic and international patent applications, including strategic patent portfolio development, and other patent-related counseling, including opinions and post-grant projects.
Requirements for Qualified Candidates
* Technical background in any of:
- computer engineering,
- electrical engineering,
- mechanical engineering, and/or
- computer/data science
* Relevant experience, including:
- 3 or more years of drafting and prosecuting patent applications, and
- complex patent office proceedings,
- opinions of counsel, or
- other related patent practice experience
* Registered to practice before the USPTO
Traits We Are Seeking
* High-Performing, Accountable Professionals - We are a small firm that offers big firm client services. This means we seek individuals who can:
-manage multiple priorities
-deliver timely and quality work product,
- communicate in a poised and professional manner with clients and team members,
- take pride and ownership in their work, and
- want to grow professionally.
We provide the leadership and training, but you have to bring your exceptional work ethic and dedication to your craft to the table.
* Problem Solvers and Out-of-the-Box Thinkers – Our clients have varied goals and business objectives and thus we strive to offer customized service to meet their needs. This means we seek individuals who:
-possess the ability to think strategically to meet identified business objectives,
-enjoy exposure to a variety of clients and types of work, and
- seek ways to enhance the client experience and drive value for our service delivery.
If you thrive on tackling a variety of projects and take pride in tremendous service to clients, this is the work environment for you.
* Team-Oriented, Individual, and Creative Spirits - From our inception, we have sought to grow and diversify our team. This means, we want our team members to:
- come from different backgrounds,
- possess unique skill sets and experiences,
- be able to work remotely, while still integrating with the team,
- enjoy collaborating as a team, with the understanding that every individual plays an important role, and
- bring a positive attitude to working with team members and serving our clients
What You Can Expect From Us
Jones Robb is an established boutique patent law firm that offers the opportunity to work on exciting, diverse technologies and challenging legal issues for various Fortune 500 and venture-backed startup companies. Patent practitioners at all levels work in collegial teams and directly with clients. Our culture is based on strong performance, excellent work ethic, high-quality work product, and professionalism that is counter-balanced with remote working environments, flexible hours, and the camaraderie of a close-knit team that values individuals and their talents. This provides for an outstanding firm culture that enables work/life balance while prioritizing meeting our clients’ needs and firm metrics. Our award-winning firm and attorneys have been highly ranked in IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Professionals (2015-2022); recognized as IP STARS by Managing IP (2022), and most recently, was honored by Virginia Lawyers Weekly as Go-To Lawyers for Intellectual Property.
To apply, please email your resume, under- and post-graduate transcripts, and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Robb is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Have Patent Law experience in a client-centric environment?
If you have 5-10+ years of Patent Law experience in a client-centric environment, have a great attitude, exceptional attention to detail and follow-through, can manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment – – keep reading…we want to talk to you.
Jones Robb is based just outside of Washington, D.C., and is seeking Patent Attorneys and Patent Agents, people with a tremendous hunger to learn and master different technologies and to develop client relationship skills to help take our practice to new heights. Outstanding communication skills to carry senior conversations with the Partners, Associates, Staff and Clients are a must.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to work in a team environment and preferably have a technical background in any of our practice areas: physics, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science, and/or electrical engineering. Candidates must also have strong academic records, and two or more years of significant experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications. Ideal candidates also have a post-graduate degree and experience with complex Patent Office proceedings, client counseling with opinion drafting, and/or other related patent practice experience.
Do you have interest in cultivating your patent legal skills, acquiring new legal skills, and mastering various technologies? Do you have strategic vision to identify opportunities and challenges? Are you interested in earning great pay working alongside talented attorneys, dedicated partners, and a top-notch staff, in a congenial and collaborative environment? If you think you have what it takes, please review the criteria below, if you do; send us your resume – we want to talk to you!